Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ebb and Flow of Dominance

From time to time Mistress S will experience ebbs and flows in the level of her dominance. Usually it coincides with events going on at work or with issues that have her mind preoccupied. Lately that has been the situation as work has been not so great for her lately.

While I love to be at her beck and call and reminded of my place thru discipline. I completely get why she goes thru these things. I also realize that when these times come it is even more important for me than ever to serve her and make her life as easy as possible.

I think there might be a natural tendency when the domme is not feeling so dominant that the sub may feel less submissive and thus the D/s relationship atrophies a bit. I now see that these are the times more than ever that she deserves my best behavior. Making sure the laundry is done, the house is clean, her things are taken care of. In the times of stress she needs this treatment even more but won't ask for it.

All the more reason to work harder for her and let her enjoy the benefits of her authority in our relationship. It perks her up when the bed is made, the dishes are done and the laundry is all taken care of without her even having to utter a word of instruction. She can focus on the things she needs to and live a bit more stress free.

How do others handle these types of situations? Whether from the domme or sub side.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you recognize what she is going through. I think it is great that you realize that your support will have a direct impact on what she is going through at work. Being the dominant partner carries a lot of responsibility and stress. You seem to be effectively supporting her. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MsNaydi, I think that part of being a good servant is to support your dominant. I have noticed that her confidence has soared since taking charge in our relationship and it has led to a change in her life. She was promoted at work and she has since found many opportunities to lead in groups and committees she is part of. She claims that the support I have in her gives her that extra boost. It makes me feel awesome that I have had that type of effect on her. Bottom line is the support I give her is great for her, shows my love and respect for her and is something that benefits our family. I do understand there is a lot of responsibility and stress on being the dominant partner and I am thankful that she has taken on the that role and I will make sure I continue to support her at every turn.

    ReplyDelete