Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Season

Things change around the Christmas season for us, I am sure for many others as well. The daily grind doesn't grind as much. Feelings towards others can even soften, what might normally bother you is forgiven a bit easier.

Maybe the trouble with this is that why is this time of good feelings towards others only temporary?

Maybe this year the best thing we could do to honor the feelings that Christmas brings is to continue those feelings into the next year.

A few weeks ago Mistress was leaving work, she was making a turn out of the parking lot and a guy was coming from the other direction, went thru a stop sign that he didn't even see and followed her. Pulled along side of her at a light and screamed some of the worst things a person possibly could to another human. The idea that the guy was so angry because he felt he was cut off, not realizing the fault was all his makes you sometimes wonder about people. Why the anger for something so small anyways, something so inconsequential in the scope of life?

As it turned out the video surveillance picked up the whole scene and confirmed that he was in the wrong. They asked Mistress if she wanted to press charges and she declined.

I felt different I wanted to have them bring the guy in and make him watch the video and explain at what point he saw something that Mistress did that was so egregious that his actions were justified, I know for a fact that guy would complete feel like an ass if forced to see the situation from a different point of view.

From my end I sometimes have issues with others. Handicap parking spaces are my pet peeve. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a person get out of their car and pull the rear view mirror handicap sign out of their glove box and practically run into the store. Especially during the busy Christmas season. I know those people think because they have procured a sign that they are "Entitled" to park there, that if a true handicap person needs that spot then there is going to be another one so what is the big deal. I really get angry when I see a person do this and lately I have to think to myself, maybe I also need to soften. Even if people feel the need to do a wide variety of things that I feel aren't in the best behavior for a caring human. I can't fall into a negative sort of mood because of it.

So I am starting with myself. I am going to focus on continuing the spirit of treating my fellow humans the way I would like to be treated, I will do my best to make someones day with a nice comment and I will do everything in my power to smile when I might normally get angry at another. I won't make a difference in the overall scope of the world but in my little world it might make a difference.

Ok for those few people that do read my blog I will admit this has nothing to do with my submissiveness. If you don't like it that's fine with me, I will just continue to smile and be thankful for everything I have in life and not worry about what I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment