Monday, May 5, 2014

Reevaluating where we are at.

I guess in some ways I am happy just as things are. I read other blogs and realize that our lifestyle is probably not as exciting as others. Sometimes I think should I want more? Or are things good just the way they are?

We are full time FLR without a doubt. We live the life and it feels spectacular, we are both happy and wouldn't ever go back to a vanilla relationship. But at times it gets you to wonder, what is it that makes your relationship tick.

With us it isn't kink although I suppose kneeling in front of your partner and having her judge you on what you do is kinky in it's own right. But it is a bit different from others.

Its real life, real life issues with the only difference from a vanilla relationship is who is in charge.

I have given this much thought the last few days since my last post and what I came up with is this.

I don't want anything to change with how we are. Now I understand it won't make for as exciting reading for my audience but it's the real us. I decided when I began reposting after my long absence that I was going to write for me. As my outlet for my experiences.  I admit I do that but sometimes I have been reluctant to post lately as there is no exciting FLR things happening.

As much as I write for myself I certainly don't want people to read and yawn at what I write so I guess it leaves me reevaluating things. Not my relationship but more about writing.

I guess what I have decided is this. Stay true to what I decided, write for me, for my outlet of my thoughts. Hopefully there will be enough excitement to not bore those that enjoy to read my blog. But also understand the quantity of movie filled D/s story lines won't be abundant.

There will be times where things happen exciting and I will be sure to post them but overall I can't promise an exciting soap opera that will leave you wanting the next chapter.

I am good with that though. I think for me it's important to document some of the regular going on's as well as the exciting stuff.

This has been spurred on because I have been posting less because quite frankly things that have been happening haven't been as story worthy. I need to change that and just document what happens more and worry about telling a gripping story less.

Also please don't take this post incorrectly, this is in no way a "poor me" thing. I am perfectly happy with how things are, I guess I need to understand that I don't need to always have something extraordinary to write to post something.

I have in the last few weeks had at least 4 times where I was just going to sit down and blogged but decided against it because what I would have wrote about wasn't what I would call "Newsworthy".

See you soon.


5 comments:

  1. What an excellent post. You're correct, don't worry about whether or not you are writing an exciting story for the reader. You should use your blog for your musings and not worry about how titillating your "story" is.

    ".....I have been reluctant to post lately as there is no exciting FLR things happening."

    It's all exciting my friend. Every little last part. Can't wait to hear more about your "mundane" existence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed every post. What I love is that there are so many facets of our lifestyle worth writing about and putting a spin on. I'd rather read about al the little things you have to share than nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a number of blogs that were ‘exciting’ by that definition. I have also found a number of the ‘exciting’ blogs to be boring. I do read your blog regularly and find it interesting. I do believe interesting has more to do with the style of writing and the personality behind it, so... write for yourself, but thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sub hub, Mistress Marie and J Thornebuck, I appreciate the words. I am certainly not going to stop writing I guess I was just wondering about the frequency.

    This blog documents the relationship Mistress and I have. Document means just that. Not only to write when someone big or exciting happens but to remember I may look back to reminisce later and I know I will be interested in remembering the every day stuff.

    ReplyDelete