Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A stapler is causing all this????

Yesterday Mistress had to work late. I got home at normal time and decided it would be a good idea to make the house looking very nice for Mistress' return home.

I worked for about 2 1/2 hours downstairs making sure everything was in good shape....

Well on the kitchen table were some items that mistress uses when she does the books for the business. I took these items upstairs in order to make it look less cluttered when she got home.

She came home and was happy about the job I did, we ate dinner and she did payroll. After payroll was completed she looked for her stapler to finish up her work. I have to admit we have had this talk before about putting things away she needs on the days she needs them. I should have remembered when cleaning up that it was payroll day and yet I still took her supplies and put them where it made it difficult for her to find them.

She wasn't angry about it but informed me while laying in bed that tomorrow(today after work) I would have to write her an essay explaining why I am having a difficult time remembering to leave the things she needs on a certain day in the places she wants them and how I can do a better job in the future. She explained that she understood that it was my job to clean up after her and keep the house clean but that putting the things she needed for payroll away 2 hours before she was going to be using them made more work for her. That it would have been much better to wait until she was done with it, then to put things away.

Like I said she wasn't angry but just wants me to learn better to anticipate her needs and think ahead to make things easier for her.

She has already put me on notice that the stapler itself isn't the issue its the thought process behind it. And she has informed me that if the essay doesn't meet her approval then there will be follow up punishment.

Any ideas of what I should incorporate? I have a good base for it but any ideas would be appreciated. You just might save me a red ass before this night is over.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe make a spreadsheet of items she needs on what days and rather than simply not putting them away on thay day she will need it you can use your spreadsheet to actually gather up the items she will need for that day too and then at the end of the night put them away for her. Then she won't need be bothered with any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write with clarity. State a few points. Add supportive sentences to develop the paragraph, make sure you use spell check and grammar check and summarize it giving your essay a nice strong conclusion. As you write my friend, remember, the customer is always right. In this case if you write with a different thought process your butt might indeed be red. Personally I'd like to read your essay. Care to post it? :) Enjoy a composition class as a middle aged man my friend.

    ReplyDelete