Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What does it mean to me to be 24/7?

I guess we all have our definition of what 24/7 means in relationship to a femdom life style.

I am new to this but really starting to understand how different relationships can be in the femdom community. I also see how they have one common denominator, they make the couple happy.

This morning I read a post from Ms. Sandra on the Femdom 101 blog. I have to tell you I felt a tinge of jealousy for her slave. What a wonderful description of what her slave goes thru to follow her rules and obey her. For some it might be too intense for others not enough.

I know for my case Mistress and my relationship isn't as strict as theirs. Yeah I would like it stricter at times and sometimes I wouldn't.

But the thought occurred to me, what makes it 24/7? For us it simply means that every minute of every day, she owns me, that doesn't mean that it may actually always look like she owns me, there are many nights where we sit next to each other on the couch playing on our iPads or just watching TV. To the outside world these moments would look nothing like a 24/7 D/s relationship. But at other times you couldn't mistake it for anything else. In those less than dominating moments there is always a chance that she decides that I will need to do something for her, whether it be get her something, clean something or just a reminder, "I need this ready for tomorrow to wear to work, if it isn't ready I suggest you go take care of it."

To us that means 24/7. Of course the fact that no moment in my life goes by where I am allowed to be out of panties is another reminder but it goes much deeper and even sometimes more subtle than that.

I am never allowed to use the word F**r rhymes with hair. Even if we are in public I need to think of another word, it is her way of reaffirming that no matter where we are, who we are with our relationship is not based on equality.

She never does housework or dishes, she cooks sometimes but will never clean up. No matter who is around its not her job.

However there are so many moments spent doing things where no one could possibly tell how we are that I sometimes question whether we are 24/7. And when I read blogs of others I sometimes think that our femdom relationship might be more towards the vanilla direction than many others. We are also best friends, we really do everything together. Golf, play pool, shop, go out, or just hang around. I joke with her, even sometimes pick on her but it has to be done with the knowledge that she may say, "Oh really, going to be feisty now?" I know that is the time to tone it down a bit.

In someways there is a dynamic that is hard to explain that I am the slave of my best friend. How can you be both. But it works for us and probably others as well. Its an obedience that is mixed with friendship.

I have always had this fantasy of her having her friends over and me having to serve them while they enjoyed themselves. But that isn't my Mistress, I am included in all plans, I get to go everywhere, she just wants me to always realize that no matter where in the world we are, I belong to her and she is the boss.

I can spend money, I have credit cards and I don't have to get permission to buy things, unless they are big. If she wants to buy something big she will run it by me. I guess the part that is different is that if I tell her I think her spending choice is not a good idea she will listen to reason then make the final decision. Same with my purchase, she will listen them make the final call. Either way the final decision is hers, small things she doesn't care, she doesn't want to micromanage every aspect of things.

But the way it works doesn't seem all intense 24/7.

I am wondering if it would to the oustide world? But because I am used to how we are that it doesn't seem as dominating as it would to someone who had no experience in these matters.

I am certainly not complaining only thinking about how others have it different. Not better, not worse but different. Some people would love to have certain aspects of what I have and there are certain aspects of other relationships that I would like to have added to mine.

That's one reason why Mistress is in charge, she has a belief about our FLR and it can be summed up by saying, 'not all you want and not all the time'. It always leaves me wanting a bit more and hoping she will increase her dominance at times. Of course that is part of her plan to have it her way. She knows that I would love to go further in my submission but its her call.

So in my 24/7 sometimes not getting what I want is exactly her method to make sure I know she is in charge.

I am saying again for the 3rd time I am not complaining or unhappy with what I have, quite the opposite I wouldn't change places with anyone in the world. But starting to blog and more importantly read other blogs really has woken (probably not even a word) me up to the ways femdom relationships can differ.

I know there are people out there who would kill for a 24/7 relationship and are probably going to tell me to screw off, you got something I have dreamed of. To those I am not trying to rub anything in, I am more in a phase of my life that I am being observant to what goes on in this type of relationship and how so many things can be different but yet be just as awesome as what I have.

Being the long winded idiot I am I could go on for hours about this but instead I will just say, have a great day everyone and be thankful for what you have, enjoy it, live it and if you are still looking for it be patient, I didn't find mine until I stopped looking for it.





8 comments:

  1. SOS, if you are NEVER permitted to use the word F that rhymes with hair, then you live in ia 24/7 dominant/submissive relationship. It may not be one in which you are slaving from dawn til dinner as you did last Sunday when you rose at 5:45 to scrub the floors but that doesn't mean you ever moved out of your role as Steph's submissive and into a relationship in which you were on equal footing with her as her spouse. She is always your boss. She just isn't giving your orders continually. But I would think the phrase 'don't tread on me' would be one she might use should she feel you wanting out from underneath her dominance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm-Hers,

    Good point, I think most of this is just based on the fact that we have been this way for 3 years and it seems pretty normal to us.

    Thanks for your input you have a way of putting things into proper perspective. Maybe you should write a blog? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post.

    The description of your 24/7 situation is very similar to O/ours. There is no doubt that there is a constant 24/7 D/s relationship between Mistress K and me. Like you, W/we don't feel the need to constantly demonstrate for the outside world to know. Frankly, it's none of their business. There are times when a "fly-on-the-wall" observer would see a very normal, vanilla couple. Other times that "fly" would see a very determined, skilled and in-control Mistress and her sub. At any given time however, let there be no doubt who owns whom ..... and there isn't

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, while David and I do pursue some harder core activities, we are in a 24/7 M/s even if we spend a lot of it presumably quite vanilla just like you two. However, I am always his Mistress and there is always certain rules and expectations in effect. I think to be honest this the most common, because I don't know how people can live life, work, etc and be in hardcore mode 24/7, I think you are right though as our qualities of the M/s are in effect 24/7 as time passes it just starts to feel like normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mistress Marie, I think what happens is I see blogs and they tell of stories about more hardcore situations than we partake in and then I make an incorrect assumption that is the norm for their relationship instead of an event that doesn't take place often as I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sub hub in phx,

    I think in my next career I will apply to be one of those flys on the wall at a kinky household. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you describe is very much like a reversed traditional marriage of yesteryear. Plenty of room for playfulness, intimacy and companionship, but no doubt as to who is ultimately in charge. In the grand scheme of things - there are some depressing blogs out there! - you are very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in a 24/7 as the Dom. He has been very happy serving me for many years now. His daily routines are well established. We do need to be discreet around others and while out and about but when out he is very doting and loving. It is beyond me why any Woman would not want to be in this type of relationship. All I can suggest is keep doing all She desires, more will come to you, but isn’t your servitude really to satisfy Her? If it is you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete